Monday, March 5, 2012

Ideas Please!!



I have finished the quilt top for the Fab Little Quilt Swap and I really love it!
It's 20 inches square and each of those little 3D pinwheels are 2 inches in diameter.

I really, REALLY don't want to muck it up with my limited quilting abilities. I can straight line quilt, and can do a little hand quilting, but I need a lot more free motion quilting practice before I'd touch this quilt with it.

Any ideas on simple quilting that would look effective with this design would be greatly appreciated!!

4 comments:

  1. I love it too! Just beautiful! I always get stuck on the quilting design too. My suggestion would be to do some cross hatching using all the colours and this could be done either by hand or machine. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, go for it, you can do the fmquilting! I would try fmq on all the white area in a tiny stipple as a beginner. I found that doing very small fmq was a lot easier than trying to make bigger motions when I first tried it. I would ditch stitch the center star and all the triangles and leave the pinwheels alone. If you fmq in the tiny stipple all around them they would really pop out and look stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fantastic! Quilting always takes a lot of thought for me....I can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Amelia - maybe some handstitching around the centre star would be nice?

    ReplyDelete