Thursday, April 28, 2011

Fabrics that make me smile today :)

I came very late to the FMF party so I only have a small stash of prints. I got most of them through one of the Qld Flood Auctions, so it's all for a good cause right ;)
My favourite prints are the seeds but I have definately been priced out of the market in getting more so I was happy recently to hear that Denyse Schmidt will be re-releasing some of her FMF prints in early 2012, I hope the seeds will be among them!

 

I'm a bit of a fan of Tula Pink's Neptune line too. I bought a jelly roll when it was widely available and got started on my Joseph's Coat quilt. I haven't gotten very far with sewing down all those petals but I found that the prints became hard to find quite quickly so I was happy to walk into a small fabric shop recently and find this print.

 

I haven't had much of an opportunity to do a lot of quilting in the last week or two, so I thought I'd share where I'm up to with my second single girl quilt. All the arcs are pieced (not yet ironed). I'm just waiting to purchase more of the background fabric to continue piecing the blocks.


I'm looking forward to seeing this one come together :)

3 comments:

  1. Your single girl will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your neptune, I have some layer cakes but I don't think I can cut into them yet!

    ReplyDelete