Saturday, October 6, 2012

FLiQS 2

Because it's been so long, I've got so many quilts to share, but I thought I'd start with this beautiful little quilt that I received the other day from Denise as part of the Fab Little Quilt Swap #2.

It's so bright and cheery. I love the hexi's and the embroidery is fantastic - something I definately couldn't do. Thank you so much Denise!!


Here it is a little closer ....



The quilt below is the one that I made for Louise (aka lululollylegs). The information I received was that Louise loves colour, hand pieced old fashioned blocks done in a modern style, applique, embroidery and grey or linen backgrounds. So this was my interpretation....


Closer ....


Closer ... :)


And here's the back ....


It was my first time hand piecing hexagons, and I pieced most of them on the plane or in Finland while I was away on a recent holiday. It was my first time doing beading on a quilt too, and I love how sweet the multi-colour flower looks. It also included machine quilting, hand stitching, applique and embroidery. I loved making it and am so happy that Louise loves it too :)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I am going to pin the one you made because it has given me an idea for what to do with my little tiny hexie flowers!

    ReplyDelete