Sunday, July 31, 2011

4x5 Modern Quilt Bee - Blocks Complete

The 4x5 Modern Quilt Bee officially commences tomorrow but we got started early because the organisers were so on the ball. There's a great bunch of ladies in my hive and I've really enjoyed the experience so far. This is only my second bee that I've participated in and the first of it's kind. 3 of us chose an aqua, grey and yellow pallette (I think it's going to hard to separate those blocks ;)

Here they are all together ....

Charise's block ....

 Jessica's block ....

Adrianne's block ....

Rachel's block .... 

Tina's block .... 

My block .... 

Whilst the block's were pretty time consuming, I really loved picking out all of the colours/fabrics and see them come together. I'm not going to make this block for another bee anytime soon but I think it has given me the confidence to get out all of the petals I made for my Neptune Joseph's Coat and start machine stitching them down :)

5 comments:

  1. These look beautiful Amelia! I've always thought this was a hard block but you have made it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blocks! They do look really tough, but worth the effort. And I guess that means you solved the applique crisis for the Neptune's blocks? Maybe a tutorial is in order... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous! I especially love yours and the one petal with the little frog...

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I know I'm late in commenting BUT GREAT BLOCK and awesome fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete