Sunday, July 24, 2011

FWQA - 1st 9 blocks



I joined the Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-Long a little while ago but had to wait for my book to arrive and then start on my templates (over 100 of them) and yesterday I finally started cutting and piecing the blocks. Here are the first 9 of the 111 blocks.


I didn't want the blocks to be too busy so I decided to use my shot cotton stash. I love how the fabrics allow the block design to shine. I'm going with a rainbow theme and will probably use white sashing between the blocks.

Block #31 - Evening Star



Block #29 - Economy



Block #4 - Basketweave

Block #9 - Box


Block #2 - Autumn Tints


Block #16 - Calico Puzzle


Block #6 - Big Dipper


Block #41 - Friendship Star


Only 102 more to go :)

Oh and this is what happens when you don't double check you've got the right template .....


I made the right one first with the incorrect template (9 inches) oops! Then I had to remake it at the correct 6.5 inches. Lesson learnt, check the template number twice!!!


3 comments:

  1. I like your interpretation of FWQA with the solids and the rainbow idea-- very different from all the others I've seen. I'm so jealous that you managed to get 9 blocks done so quickly! Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really gorgeous! sometimes simple is best :-) I'm only done with 6 blocks but thats ok, I'm happy to go at my own pace.
    LOVE those shot cottons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using the shot cottons is inspired! Love it. I'm thinking these blocks would look so good with black or white sashing, too.

    ReplyDelete