Monday, November 8, 2010

Holiday Fun: Part 2

 ......... Kate and I didn't get to see each other for our birthdays so on the trip we were finally able to exchange birthday gifts and look what I got ....



Kate was so generous to share some of her Munki Munki stash! I have never owned a single print before so you can imagine how excited I was to receive these. They are so adorable and I must admit that I have spent a little bit of time just staring at the pretty bundle!

If you want to see the the cards and potholder I made for Kate, have a look here .... They were fun to make. I'm so glad that she liked them.

On Saturday I met up with 3 of my sisters that live in Sydney/NSW and their families and we spent the day in Sydney. It was such a beautiful day weatherwise, so we spent some of the time in the Botanic Gardens which is right on the harbour with views of the Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge. The kids played and climbed trees and the adults sat and chatted. It was a perfect gelati day.

I then went to my sister Rebecca's home for a few days. While she still lives close to town, she has the most beautiful country home on an acreage and I just found it so relaxing. Every window had such a pretty view. On Sunday I got to catch up with some lovely old friends at Church and hang out with my littlest sister Ellen. We all went to the movies together on Monday to see the Social Network which I really enjoyed.

On my way home I was able to spend a day visiting with my parents, my grandmothers and other siblings.  I love having a big family!

I also got to go the Craft and Quilt Fair for a few hours. Check out my loot ....


I am wanting to make a green and blue quilt, so I think these jelly rolls will be just the ticket.

I picked up a few more Emperor's Garden prints by A Day in the Country (I didn't have these 3) to finish my spiderweb quilt.


I had a wonderful time ... now back to the real world!

2 comments:

  1. Oh it was so much fun having you here! I so wish I was able to go to the craft fair with you. Maybe next year... That's going to make a gorgeous green and blue quilt. How's the quilt going that you started while you were here? Have you decided if you're going to join the quilt along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the fabrics you got! What a generous munki stash and really like the blues and greens in the jellyrolls too. Is that Nicey Jane in the green? I vaguely recognise the blue tiles too but can't quite place them. Looking forward to seeing it all come together!

    ReplyDelete