Sunday, January 16, 2011

Queensland Flood Appeal Auction # 1 CLOSED

Introducing  ....
Henna Garden Rainbow Cushion Cover



This 20 inch cushion cover is made from Sandi Henderson's "Henna Garden" prints from her Farmers Market, Meadowsweet and Meadowsweet 2 ranges. I love these fabrics ... so bright and cheery all together.

I have quilted in straight lines which gives it such great texture.


The back is made from a linen/cotton quilting fabric and the envelope opening  is bound in Henna Garden in turquoise.

As I have been making my auction items I have had the TV on in the background with almost non-stop coverage of the floods in Qld and elsewhere in Australia.
Lots of thoughts and prayers have gone into the making of these items. I wanted to make some cheery cushion covers in the hope that they will bring some happiness to the home that they live in and that the money raised will bring some help and hope to those that are suffering!

Thanks for your support of such a worthy cause!!

Please note: The auction is for the cushion cover only, the cost of sending it through the post with cushion insert is prohibitive.

How this auction works:
1.  Bidding will start at $20 (Australian).
2.  You can place a bid by leaving a comment on this blog post with your bid amount and email address.  Please make sure that your bid is higher than the previous bidder.  
3.  Your bid must be in whole dollar increments.
4.  This auction is open to everyone. Postage is FREE for all.
5.  The auction begins NOW and will END at midnight 9pm on Monday 24th January 2011.
6.  At the close of the auction, I will contact the winner (please make sure your bid comment includes your email address).  The winner will pay the winning amount directly into the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal and send me proof of payment via email.  Once proof of payment has been received, I will post your cushion cover to you.
7.  Thank you for participating and happy bidding!


You certainly don't have to buy both of my auction items,
but they sure do look mighty cute together!!

Photobucket

Don't forget to check out the other auctions here!

8 comments:

  1. Your cushions look gorgeous! Good job getting them finished in time. I'll start it off with $25.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $35 from me
    lisasturge78@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. $60 :) But I'm a bit of a dope and am not sure how to add my comment...soo here goes.
    Tamara.
    My email address is
    tamaradann@optusnet.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna bid $100 bucks :) so worth it

    ReplyDelete